The Belgrave Legacy by Zara Hoffman
Published by ZH Press on October 31, 2016
Genres: Young Adult, Paranormal, Romance
A Reluctant Heroine. A Snarky Angel. A Big Mess.
Fawn doesn't believe in magic. But when she is unexpectedly thrust into the middle of an ancient feud, she must learn to control her powers.
Caleb is sick of Hell. But when a simple seduction becomes complicated by real feelings, he is forced to pick between keeping his past or fighting for his future.
Can this young witch navigate a dangerous world with the dark angel assigned to romance and seduce her by her side?
The Belgrave Legacy is an upper-young adult paranormal romance novel with a feminist twist. Filled with magic, witches, angels, demons, Zara Hoffman's "coming of age" story will keep you turning the pages until the very end.
Today I have Zara Hoffman, the author of the young adult paranormal romance series, The Belgrave Legacy, here to share 10 facts about one of the main characters.
So come get to know Caleb a little better, enter the giveaway, and don’t forget to pre-order The Belgrave Legacy, which comes out on Halloween of this year!
TEN THINGS YOU DIDN’T KNOW ABOUT CALEB PEARCE
By: Zara Hoffman
1. Caleb shares the same birthday as his author (me), March 20. Not the same birth DATE, mind you, since he was born in 1832.
2. Freddie Stroma is my dream cast for Caleb Pearce.
3. Kaidan Rowe (Sweet Evil by Wendy Higgins) and Dante Walker (The Collector by Victoria Scott) remind me of Caleb (I started writing him before I had read either of these books).
4. Caleb’s black wings resemble those of Fang’s from Maximum Ride.
5. The first scene Caleb appeared in was the beginning dream sequence in Chapter 2. Everything else was written around Caleb and Fawn’s first interaction.
6. The necklace Caleb gives Fawn in Chapter 10 is inspired by a necklace I received from a family friend when I was six.
7. Despite having been born in England, I don’t imagine Caleb having a British accent (having adopted an American one for working his case with Fawn and the duration of The Belgrave Legacy)
8. Caleb’s snarky attitude in the beginning of the book was originally written as a non-angel character from another story I was working on, both of whom were based on someone I knew in school.
9. The story initially wasn’t going to include Caleb’s “POV,” but he took over the story so much that in addition to becoming Fawn’s equal in almost every way, he also became the “official” narrator in my head (the only thing he didn’t take was the mantle of “main character” which still belongs to Fawn).
10. Caleb’s distrustful attitude stems from how I was feeling when I first began writing his character, and writing his redemption was a way for me to remember that everyone deserves a second chance.
To enter, fill out the rafflecopter below to win
Note: Book Briefs Contest Policy applies. All of the prizes, terms and conditions of the giveaway should be contained in the rafflecopter below. No Purchase necessary to enter. Void where prohibited by law.
a Rafflecopter giveaway