Published by Entangled Embrace on January 16, 2017
Series: The Rule Breakers #2
Genres: New Adult, contemporary, Romance
Source: eARC from Publisher
Ten Steps to Surviving a New Job:
1. Don’t sleep with the client. It’ll get you fired. (Sounds easy enough.)
2. Don’t blink when new client turns out to be former one-night stand.
3. Don’t call same client a jerk for never texting you back.
4. Don’t believe client when he says he really, really wanted to call.
5. Remember, the client is always right—so you can’t junk punch him when he demands new design after new design.
6. Ignore accelerated heartbeat every time sexy client walks into room.
7. Definitely ignore client’s large hands. They just mean he wears big gloves.
8. Don’t let client’s charm wear you down. Be strong.
9. Whatever you do, don’t fall for the client. You’ll lose more than your job—maybe even your heart.
10. If all else fails, see rule number one again.
The Rule Maker is the second book in the New Adult (Or maybe adult- I consider this one a cross over that would appeal to readers of both age groups) in the Rule Breakers series by Jennifer Blackwood. I absolutely loved book one, The Rule Book. It reminded me of The Devil Wears Prada with a male boss, and a whole lot more romance. I really enjoyed it! So I was super excited for The Rule Maker. I really enjoyed The Rule Maker too. I think I liked The Rule Book just a tad more, but this was a great read and an awesome second book in the series.
The Rule Maker is Zoey and Ryder’s story. We got to see each of them in the Rule Book, so while you can read this independently of the first book, this is a series that I think is great to read in order. Zoey is Lainey’s roommate from The Rule Book and Ryder is the the shirtless guy from the first book! ha, I got a real kick out that when I figured it out. Ryder is also one of Brogan’s old school friends, which was an interesting connection. I loved Zoey. She is just a bit, a tad, a smidgen tightly wound. She is very much a perfectionist and I just loved her little anal self! And Ryder mixed with Zoey was an awesome combination. I like how they knocked each other off their game just a bit. It was adorable. This whole book was pure fun.
Zoey is working for Ryder’s brother on a new resort, and she ends up working more with Ryder while his brother is out of commission, which proved to be all kinds of awkward for Zoey and all kinds of funny for Ryder because they had a brief history with each other. Once again, Jennifer creates releatable and believable characters that you can’t help but like and root for. I love her romances and I love getting to really know who the characters are. She is a character driven reader’s dream.
Bottom line: The Rule Maker is a great romance for fans of lighthearted fun and great characters. I would read this series in order because while the books do work as standalones, they work even better building on one another. Plus, Lainey and Brogan’s story is my fav! The Rule Maker is a strong follow up to a great contemporary romance series. One worth checking out!
DON’T MISS THE FIRST BOOK IN THE SIZZLING RULE BREAKERS SERIES!The Rule Maker by @Jen_Blackwood @EPEmbrace is a great follow up to book one in #TheRuleBreakers series @BookBriefs review Click To Tweet
Note: Book Briefs Contest Policy applies. All of the prizes, terms and conditions of the giveaway should be contained in the rafflecopter below. No Purchase necessary to enter. Void where prohibited by law.
Reading this book contributed to these challenges: