This week I am waiting on….
Expected publication: April 19th 2016 by Razorbill
Meet Scarlett Epstein, BNF (Big Name Fan) in her online community of fanfiction writers, world-class nobody at Melville High. Her best (read: only) IRL friends are Avery, a painfully shy and annoyingly attractive bookworm, and Ruth, her pot-smoking, possibly insane seventy-three-year-old neighbor.
When Scarlett’s beloved TV show is canceled and her longtime crush, Gideon, is sucked out of her orbit and into the dark and distant world of Populars, Scarlett turns to the fanfic message boards for comfort. This time, though, her subjects aren’t the swoon-worthy stars of her fave series—they’re the real-life kids from her high school. Scarlett never considers what might happen if they were to find out what she truly thinks about them…until a dramatic series of events exposes a very different reality than Scarlett’s stories, forever transforming her approach to relationships—both online and off.
Why am I waiting on it?
This blurb says it all: “If Amy Schumer and Rainbow Rowell had a baby, she’d be Anna Breslaw.” umm, HECK YES PLEASE!!!!! Plus it is about fanfiction and I
kind of liked am totally obsessed with fanfiction. (Gilmore Girls TRORY & Literati and Harry Potter Dramione all day long!)
I think Scarlett Epstein looks hilarious and awesome and I need it in my life right now! I would chew off my right arm for to get my hands on Scarlett Epstein. No joke.
What I am loving right now:
I recently did a GIF post on some of my biggest fears and phobias with Gena Showalter, and I loved putting it together and sharing something more personal with you guys, so I wanted to share some more. (and this time it will be much lighter)
I have two new things in my life that I have been completely loving. I am pretty obsessed with both of them in fact. So I wanted to share them with you, and I also have some TV show loves I wanted to share.
My New Kindle Voyage!
My parents got it for me for my birthday last month and I haven’t put it down since. It is so much lighter than my old kindle. I loved my kindle keyboard but it was about 5 years old and just wasn’t holding a charge anymore. But my voyage is so freaking slim and light, and the side sensors are awesome (they were the main reason I chose the voyage over the new paperwhite) and the backlit screen makes me wonder how I ever read on my old kindle without it.
P.S. Amazon is running a special right now and if you buy the bundle pack (comes with a cover and adapter) you save $30. I wish I got that deal haha You can check that out here if you are interested. If you don’t like that case though, I got this case for my kindle and it is so perfect. It is lightweight, great quality, comes in a ton of colors and was really inexpensive. 2. Planners and Planner stickers
Here’s the thing, I love my google calendar for my book blog calendar and my work calendar, and it works great for keeping me organized in that sense, but for my to do lists and daily productivity items, I have tried every electronic thing under the sun. I just don’t use them. What I use is pen and paper. I have to jot things down and be able to see them in front of my face and hold them. I love technology but I constantly find myself writing sticky to-dos, and don’t even get me started for my when I was in school. I was that girl that color coded her planner.
So I decided that 2016 I was going to go all out, I was going to get an Erin Condren paper planner. As I started to go down the internet rabbit hole of “research” I saw that there was A WHOLE PLANNER COMMUNITY! (and this is a whole post/discussion in and of itself so I will stop right there and save it for another day.) Suffice it to say, I got hooked. I even started making little reading stickers and reading to do lists to put in my planners.
My 2016 planner is also going to be a journal of sorts for me to catalog my year. So I want to track my reading and reviews weekly so I can flip back any time and see what I was reading when.
Next up I am going to make read-a-thon stickers to track my read-a-thon progress. And I am super excited about it.
If you want to know more about the planner community go to youtube and search “plan with me” your mind will be blown!
Is that weird? Does anyone else find the idea of paper planners and stickers fun? Do you keep a paper planner?
3. TV shows
I love funny, I love drama filled reality, I love over the top parody, and that pretty much sums up my list. (Murdoch mysteries doesn’t fall into any of those categories, but it is just a really great Netflix find that I am loving!)
Here is a quick & dirty rundown of the shows:
- Scream Queens: Heathers meets Pretty Little Liars. Totally hilarious. And let me tell you- the writers of the show are not afraid to go there.
- The People’s Couch: Watch different families and friends watch currently weekly top shows. This show cracks me up. I love watching their reactions and commentary on the shows, actors, clothes and everything else. At least once an episode I hear someone say something that I said while watching the show. If you have not watched this one, and you are a tv junkie, give it a try! (on Bravo)
- The Amazing Race: My favorite out of the CBS reality shows. I would kill to race around the world. Just enough drama to be interesting, but enough interesting stops and challenges to keep reality haters wanting to tune in.
- Brooklyn 99: Show about a precinct of cops in Brooklyn. The entire cast is HILARIOUS. Don’t ask me to choose a favorite. I won’t do it.
- Vanderpump Rules: juiciest of the drama filled reality shows and I cannot get enough of it. Sorry I’m not sorry.
- The League: totally raunchy show about a group of friends in a fantasy football league. If you like NFL and you are not easily offended, you need to be watching this show.
- Crazy Ex- Girlfriend: a semi-musical sitcom about a very crazy girl who travels across the country for a guy she dated for a few months when she was 15. The writing and songs are on point, and completely funny. The main characters is super crazy though- like makes me cringe and say “is she really doing that?” every episode, but I am enjoying this one. She is relate-able in a crazy way.
- Murdoch Mysteries: Murder mystery show that takes place in 1890. Think turn of the century CSI. But it is really more like Castle mixed with Sherlock (the BBC version) and a touch of Warehouse 13 thrown in for fun. This show is really well done and there are a TON of seasons on Netflix.
Ok time for you to weigh in, what books are you waiting on? What TV shows are you watching? And do you use a paper planner or am I totally old school?
Let me know in the comments below 🙂