Today I have author Melissa Foster here with me. She is going to share a top 10 list with us. I love number 6. I may or may not have been found guilty of talking out loud to myself. After the guest post(at the bottom of this post) there will be a giveaway for 3 ecopies of Come Back to Me! So cool 🙂
- I was surprised to find that people actually like to read my work.
- I used to think that 50,000 was a big number. Now I realize that when followed by “words”, it’s not enough.
- Coffee and M&Ms really do make the perfect diet—you just have to buy a larger chair.
- I never expected to find that three thesauruses were not enough
- Who knew that characters wouldn’t leave after you finished writing the book?
- I’m surprised to see people looking at me cross-eyed…until I realize I’m chatting with my characters…out loud.
- Words are like snowflakes, no matter how many there are, they’re never quite enough.
- Telling your children that they’ve had enough “screen” time doesn’t go over well when you spend 6 hours each day in front of your own screen.
- Conundrum is a fun word.
- Books really are more fun to write when you get to chat with the readers who enjoy them—Okay, this really didn’t come as a surprise, but writing is a scary prospect. When someone says they’ve read my book, I want to hide until I hear that they’d liked itJ, then I want to hug them!
Melissa Foster is the bestselling, award-winning author of three novels, Megan’s Way, Chasing Amanda, and Come Back to Me. She has also been published in Indie Chicks, and anthology. She is the founder of the Women’s Nest, a social and support community for women, and the WoMen’s Literary Cafe, a cross-promotional site for authors, reviewers, bloggers, and readers. Melissa is currently collaborating in the film production of Megan’s Way, and hard at work on her next novel.
The WoMen’s Literary Café, where readers & authors unite! http://www.womenslitcafe.com
MEGAN’S WAY Amazon
And now I have a giveaway for THREE (3) ecopies of Come Back to Me by Melissa Foster.
Tess Johnson has it all: her handsome photographer husband Beau, a thriving business, and a newly discovered pregnancy. When Beau accepts an overseas photography assignment, Tess decides to wait to reveal her secret—only she’s never given the chance. Beau’s helicopter crashes in the desert.
Tess struggles with the news of Beau’s death and tries to put her life back together. Alone and dealing with a pregnancy that only reminds her of what she has lost, Tess is adrift in a world of failed plans and fallen expectations. When a new client appears offering more than just a new project, Tess must confront the circumstances of her life head on.
Meanwhile, two Iraqi women who are fleeing honor killings find Beau barely alive in the middle of the desert, his body ravaged by the crash. Suha, a doctor, and Samira, a widow and mother of three young children, nurse him back to health in a makeshift tent. Beau bonds with the women and children, and together, with the help of an underground organization, they continue their dangerous escape.
What happens next is a test of loyalties, strength, and love.
-Please read and agree to my contest policy
-16+ to enter please
-fill out the form below
-open internationally. ends 12/23