Published by Philomel Books on November 15, 2016
Series: The Inventor's Secret #3
Genres: Young Adult, Steampunk
Charlotte is on the run. The Empire is hunting her. The Revolution wants her back. And Charlotte has allied herself with pirates, just to stay safe.
But things are not what they seem. There’s a traitor in the revolutionaries’ midst pulling unseen strings, and surprises lurk around every corner.
As Charlotte is left to sort out what she truly thinks about the revolution she’s spent her whole life fighting for, she must also battle to keep herself and her friends alive.
TOP 5 MOMENTS:
OF THE INVENTOR’S SECRET SERIES
This was a tough list! I wanted to share the real highlights of finishing this series, but without spoilers. Every book is a creative rollercoaster, but the final book of a series ratchets up those experiences even more. I hope everyone who reads THE TURNCOAT’S GAMBIT enjoys the wild ride!
5) Watching Linnet and Lachance interact. A spy and a pirate! In love! Every scene these two are in was such a delight to create. Their banter and rivalry kept me constantly entertained and deeply invested in their relationships.
4) Grave’s choices. In the first two books of this series, much of Grave’s existence remains shrouded in mystery. By the opening of the TURNCOAT’S GAMBIT, many questions about Grave’s past have been answered and Grave himself begins to consider what path he wants to take in the world. I find Grave’s unusual approach to events and relationships to be utterly fascinating and seeing the way his character unfolds was one of my favorite parts of writing this book.
3) Return to the Floating City. Events lead Charlotte and her companions back to Britain’s New York, but under very different circumstances than in THE INVENTOR’S SECRET. I loved exploring new, and more sinister, sides of this imperial stronghold.
2) Charlotte stepping fully into a leadership role and proving her courage and strength of character. Throughout TURNCOAT’S GAMBIT Charlotte faces incredible challenges and terrifying situations, she doesn’t back down.
1) The end – obviously I won’t give away what happens, but when I typed the final words of this series I felt a sense of joy and satisfaction. The characters all reached pivotal crossroads in their lives that I hope readers will too!
To enter, fill out the rafflecopter below to win
Enter for a chance to win one of five (5) hardcover copies of The Turncoat’s Gambit by Andrea Cremer (ARV= $18.99 each).
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Enter between 9:00 AM Eastern Time on November 14, 2016 and 11:59 PM Eastern Time on November 25, 2017. Open to residents of the fifty United States and the District of Columbia who are 13 and older. Winners will be selected at random on or about November 28, 2016. Odds of winning depend on number of eligible entries received. Void where prohibited or restricted by law.
Note: Book Briefs Contest Policy applies. All of the prizes, terms and conditions of the giveaway should be contained in the rafflecopter below. No Purchase necessary to enter. Void where prohibited by law.