Don’t forget! There’s a fun scavenger hunt that’s part of this blog tour. Martina is releasing at least one new download each day! Visit each blog to find their code to unlock the the unique download and for more chances to win! You can find the full list of tour stops on the Tour Home Page.
For today’s codeword, keep reading below, and find the CODEWORD in all caps. You’ll find the instructions on what to do with that codeword down below as well!
COMPULSION by Martina Boone
October 28, 2014, Simon & Schuster/Simon Pulse
Three plantations. Two wishes. One ancient curse.
All her life, Barrie Watson has been a virtual prisoner in the house where she lives with her shut-in mother. When her mother dies, Barrie promises to put some mileage on her stiletto heels. But she finds a new kind of prison at her aunt’s South Carolina plantation instead—a prison guarded by an ancient spirit who long ago cursed one of the three founding families of Watson Island and gave the others magical gifts that became compulsions.
Stuck with the ghosts of a generations-old feud and hunted by forces she cannot see, Barrie must find a way to break free of the family legacy. With the help of sun-kissed Eight Beaufort, who knows what Barrie wants before she knows herself, the last Watson heir starts to unravel her family’s twisted secrets. What she finds is dangerous: a love she never expected, a river that turns to fire at midnight, a gorgeous cousin who isn’t what she seems, and very real enemies who want both Eight and Barrie dead.
Persuasion is the second book in the awesome southern Gothic romance, the Heirs of Watson Island series. I read, reviewed and completely and totally LOVED Compulsion last year. So, I was super excited to dive into Persuasion. If you have not checked out the series yet, now is the perfect time because Compulsion is releasing in paperback and Persuasion releases next month. I think it is a good idea to read these books back to back because they really do build on each other. It took me a moment to get back into the swing of things and to remember what each of the three families “gifts/curses” were. But once I did, I was once again completely swept up in the magic that Martina Boone weaves with her words.
I love how vivid and rich this series feels. I can feel the mansion, the fire, the spirits, and all the tensions among the families. Not to mention the suspicion and distrust that was a tangible force on every page. I could literally feel it surrounding everyone, and especially Barrie. I swear, I still am not 100% sure who I can trust. I second guessed my intuition more than Barrie did! Martina Boone is amazing at subtly and character building and atmospheric writing. With a new character that will leave your head spinning (Obadiah) and all your old favorites back in the game with even more secrets of their own, Persuasion will leave you questioning intentions and will keep you totally riveted.
The gifts of the families are something else. They still have me totally fascinated. They will mess with your mind. I can totally sympathize with Barrie. How does she know for sure what Eight really wants? Does he want it because she wants it or because he does? That is a hard one to get past for a relationship. What I loved the most about Persuasion was that the storyline was a perfect continuation of Compulsion. It didn’t feel forced, or like they had to push a new problem on the characters to keep things interesting. Obadiah and the continued mysteries of Watson Island built on the foundation of the first book perfectly. Old and new fans of the Heirs of Watson Island series will love Persuasion. It is every bit as good as the first book! I cannot wait to see what the third book will bring.
13 Free Downloads, Word-Search Fun, and a Persuasion Pre-Order GiveawayCheck out the #Compulsion by @MartinaABoone tour! 13 Free Downloads, Word-Search Fun, & a Persuasion Pre-Order Giveaway @BookBriefs Click To Tweet
If you’ve read and loved Compulsion, good news! Persuasion releases October 27th!
- To say thank you to all the amazing readers who’ve let her know that they’re looking forward to reading the sequel packed with more MYSTERY, magic, and romance–not to mention a ghost or two or six–and to celebrate Barrie Watsons gift of finding lost things, Martina has some great giveaways going on.
- There are thirteen code words in the grid below that relate to Persuasion and the Heirs of Watson Island series.
- From 8/31 to 9/11, the Compulsion paperback blog tour will reveal the code word or words that will unlock a special page at http://www.MartinaBoone.com that day. (Yes, somewhere on this page, there is a CODE WORD!)
- There are three great giveaways (see below!) plus even more giveaways that are exclusive to Martina’s website when you visit.
- As a code word unlocks a page, you can go to that page to download free items. There will be stickers, DYI origami bookmark, traditional bookmarks, door hangers, book plates, beautiful wallpapers, and more.
- To unlock a page, replace the word CODEWORD in the following URL with the actual code and type or copy the whole thing into the address bar of your web browser: http://martinaboone.com/index.php/books/downloadables/CODEWORD/
- ALL pages will be unlocked by 9/11.
- All downloads are free, and most are available whether or not you pre-order.
- A few downloads will only be available with a pre-order receipt or order number.
- Wherever you need a pre-order receipt, there’s also a special Rafflecopter with additional AMAZING giveaways.
- With pre-order, a limited number of people will also receive a signed bookplate, bumper sticker, and beautiful signed Compulsion and Persuasion charm bookmarks with ribbons.
Word Search Puzzle
To enter, fill out the rafflecopter below to win
Note: Book Briefs Contest Policy applies. All of the prizes, terms and conditions of the giveaway should be contained in the rafflecopter below. No Purchase necessary to enter. Void where prohibited by law.
Follow the rest of the tour for more free downloads every day!
For daily updated links to all the tour stops and codes for free downloadables, plus more prizes and chances to win, go here: