Published by Amazon Publishing on April 14, 2020
Genres: Young Adult, Science Fiction
RULE #1 Humans AND Cyborgs are prohibited from communicating in any shape or form with each other.
RULE #2 Curfew is from 12 a.m until 7.30 a.m. Applicable to ALL citizens, humans AND cyborgs.
RULE #3 All propaganda against the government, written or verbal is a crime.
RULE #4 All the above laws if broken are punishable by death.
WELCOME TO THE NATION. Are you ready?
Top 10 things You didn’t know about After Darkness and the Author- J.F. Johns
- J.F.Johns was born and raised in Spain.
- The original story was meant to be about vampires.
- There are some hidden things within the universe related to the author’s life; Ten and Rife (the two twins in After Darkness) their names were created from the word Tenerife, which is the island where the author was born.
- The author first came up with the idea at the age of 15. She is now 27.
- The main idea behind the whole universe (Eternal Darkness trilogy and After Darkness) was created upon problems that we face nowadays; hate towards others that are different to us. And the main question behind the books is; What does it mean to be human?
- The setting of the book (the seven Capitals) does not have a real location in the real world. It was made to be able to fit anywhere. So, it could be just a country or the entire world. The author didn’t want it to be a specific place.
- The very first cover ever made for these books was actually created by one of the author’s best friends when they were 15. This cover was never used in publications.
- The author changed the main theme of the story many times. At the age of 19, she came up with the idea of cyborgs after watching a documentary on robots.
- The idea behind the X-Prototypes (children soldiers that are blonde and blue eyed) comes from the Second World War, when Nazis experimented on people trying to create a race of perfect people. The author took this idea and implemented it into the book.
- The biggest influence on the author for writing these books was 1984 by George Orwell and the concept of ‘big brother is watching you.’
‘What if we can’t mend those pieces?’
‘I’ll have to buy some stronger glue.’
‘Yeah, I guess we’ll just have to buy some stronger glue.’
‘My name is Terra Underwood, by the way.’
‘I know, thought you should know anyway.’
She heard him sigh.
‘I’m Kalem.’ A few seconds passed and then, ‘Kalem Akuma.’
‘It means demon.’
She couldn’t help but think it was rather fitting.
‘Well, Underwood means ‘wood that is under.’ What exactly it’s under we’ll never know.’
‘Is that meant to be a joke?’
‘Everything I say is meant as a joke.’
She could almost hear him smile, and that brought her own lips to twist upwards. She closed her eyes, feeling suddenly at ease and comfortable.
‘Goodnight, wood that is under.’
Terra’s smile deepened.
To enter, fill out the rafflecopter below to win
Note: Book Briefs Contest Policy applies. All of the prizes, terms and conditions of the giveaway should be contained in the rafflecopter below. No Purchase necessary to enter. Void where prohibited by law.