…What’s the worst that could happen?
It’s been nine months since Kaitlyn Parker has seen or heard from Martin Sandeke—nine months and five stages of matter. She’s lived through the worst of first-love heartbreak, and is most certainly stronger (and less likely to hide in science cabinets) than ever before.
But now Martin is back. And he wants to be friends. But he’s sending mixed signals to the Bunsen burner in Kaitlyn’s pants.
Will Martin re-capture Kaitlyn’s heart? Can Kaitlyn and Martin ever be just friends? Or, despite an abundance of chemistry, are some bonds just too unstable to endure?
By now it is no secret that I am absolutely IN LOVE with Penny Reid and this series. It is just wonderful. I think all fans of new adult and romantic comedies should read it. But instead of a normal review I am just going to give you 5 reasons why you need to read Elements of Chemistry.
Reasons to Read this series:
- Yes, it is told in a serial format, but each of the parts really feels like a novel. I don’t know how Penny Reid does it but her writing is so descriptive and her characters are so fleshed out. It’s very impressive what she can do with 130-230 pages. Capture felt like a full length novel, and I didn’t want it to end!
- The characters. Oh my, Martin and Katy. Oh My. I can’t even tell you how much I loved them. And no don’t make me pick who I loved more, because I can’t do it. They are just the most interesting mix of nerdy, sweet and sexy, and frustrating.
- The romance. This should be number 1, because holy co valence bonds, is the romance hot. And perfect for the two of them. Their bickering is just as intense as their attraction. I totally didn’t see some parts of this book coming, so I won’t ruin the story for you, but through it all…the drama the sexy times, the fun times, everything, the romance is always top notch. I am so in love with Martin and Katy.
- This story is laugh out loud funny. I love nerdy humor, and this is some great nerdy humor. And awkward humor, and just plain funny moments. This book had me smiling.
- Quality Writing. I read a lot of books. Hundreds of books a year, and I have seen all kinds of writing. But I will say this. Penny Reid can writer her butt off. She knows how to write great characters, great romance, with a great plot, and her timing for humor, for drama and everything in between is perfect. I am such a fan of every single book I have read by her. One of my favorite authors. If you love yourself, you will read this book.
*A note about the series, and how the ordering works. This was something that confused me…is it the elements of chemistry series or the hypothesis series? Answer: This is the last book in the Elements of Chemistry trilogy (ATTRACTION, HEAT, and CAPTURE).
2) Elements of Chemistry is the 1st “story” in the Hypothesis Series; There will be a Hypothesis series book once a year (so, New Adult once a year); each “story” may or may not be split into separate parts. It all depends on the needs of the characters/story.
3) The next story in the Hypothesis Series will focus on Abram and either Physics or Biology.
Also in this series: Elements of Chemistry: Attraction, Heat, Capture
To enter, fill out the rafflecopter below
Note: This giveaway is NOT sponsored by Book Briefs. All of the prizes, terms and conditions of the giveaway should be contained in the rafflecopter below
While you are here…
Have you entered these awesome Giveaways?
Click the banner to enter
Reading this book contributed to these challenges:
- May Clean Sweep ARC 2015