Published by Createspace Independent Pub on February 22, 2013
Genres: Fairy Tale re-telling, Fantasy & Magic, Young Adult
A trilogy of alternative fairytales and retellings. Discover the real Snow White story through the eyes of Creepy, the unknown 8th dwarf! Meet a teen princess who hires "The Frog Prince" witch to get revenge on a Mean Girl at school! And learn how the giant, boy thief and magic beans tale truly went down!8: The Previously Untold Story of the Previously Unknown 8th DwarfMeet Creepy, who is banished to the cottage basement for being different. From there, he affects the Snow White story we all thought we knew.The Plight and Plot of Princess PennyA teen princess hires a witch to get revenge on a Mean Girl at school. A troll she meets along the way thinks it's a very bad idea.Jack'dA guy who lives high above the ground encounters a boy thief who pretty much ruins his night.
Guest Post by Michael Mullin
Author of TaleSpins, a collection of 3 twisted fairytales for YA readers
10 THINGS YOU DIDN’T KNOW ABOUT CREEPY THE 8TH DWARF
1) He doesn’t like the nickname “Creepy.” (Who would?) His real name is Edgar. He was named after an uncle who allegedly saved his village by leading an ogre off a cliff. Over time the story has come into question, but a dedication plaque in his honor still exists in the village square (although you do have to dig through some brush to see it).
2) It was Creepy who found the plot of land on which the dwarves built their cottage. He drew plans for a bigger dwelling that used the space more efficiently (and did not include a basement), but his design was voted down in favor of “quaint” and “simple.”
3) Creepy’s favorite Sesame Street character was (ok . . . is) Grover.
4) In his youth Creepy went through a short, but intense phase of political activism. During this time he habitually organized rallies, walked picket lines and wrote to the King and his Court in protest of many hot-button issues, including: the treatment of fairies, taxation, nepotism and the lack of royal oversight regarding Dark Magic.
5) He prefers M&Ms to Skittles.
6) He met three of the other seven dwarfs at an Arts Festival. They had a booth of handcrafted items right next to Creepy and his oil paintings. The four became friends, and within weeks they had met the other four when they all took part in a community theater production of 8 Angry Men. (They were all who auditioned, so the producers adapted the script.) Shortly thereafter they decided to start a landscaping business and move in together.
7) He thinks Gravity and Downton Abbey are way overrated.
8) Creepy’s parents were both philosophy teachers, so he always contemplated doing his homework and being on time for school.
9) He’s written a series of mystery novels starring Sirius Johk, a court jester who leads a secret, double life as a brilliant detective. He’s never shown a word of it to anyone.
10) And of course . . . the most obvious thing you didn’t know about Creepy the 8th Dwarf is that he even exists. Although he acts like he doesn’t care, getting written out of the story all those years ago really did hurt his feelings.
To enter, fill out the rafflecopter below to win a paperback copy or ecopy of TaleSpins (winners choice!)
-Must be 16+
-paperback option only open to US
-my contest policy applies
While you are here…
Have you entered these awesome giveaways?
Click on the banners to enter