I am so excited to be a part of the 2014 Debut Author Bash and to have Meredith McCardle here at Book Briefs today! She is the author of The Eighth Guardian, which was published by Skyscape/Amazon this spring! Learn about this awesome book, learn some facts about Meredith and enter to win a SIGNED copy for yourself!
The Eighth Guardian by Meredith McCardle
Series: Annum Guard #1
Age Group: YA Science Fiction
Hardcover, 375 pages
Publication: May 6th 2014 by Skyscape/ Amazon Children’s
Amanda Obermann. Code name Iris.
It’s Testing Day. The day that comes without warning, the day when all juniors and seniors at The Peel Academy undergo a series of intense physical and psychological tests to see if they’re ready to graduate
and become government operatives. Amanda and her boyfriend Abe are top students, and they’ve just endured thirty-six hours of testing. But they’re juniors and don’t expect to graduate. That’ll happen next year, when they plan to join the CIA—together.
But when the graduates are announced, the results are shocking. Amanda has been chosen—the first junior in decades. And she receives the opportunity of a lifetime: to join a secret government organization called the Annum Guard and travel through time to change the course of history. But in order to become the Eighth Guardian in this exclusive group, Amanda must say good-bye to everything—her name, her family, and even Abe—forever.
Who is really behind the Annum Guard? And can she trust them with her life?
10 Facts You Probably Didn’t Know about Meredith McCardle
- I was very athletic as a child. My main sport was soccer, but I also swam, played tennis, danced, and even did gymnastics for a few years.
- Despite the athletic background, somehow I’ve never broken a bone. It’s now my goal to get through life without breaking one, so fingers crossed on that. (Side note: I totally just jinxed myself, didn’t I? DANG IT.)
- When I was a senior in high school, I danced in the pregame show of the Super Bowl while dressed like a peacock. Okay, technically I was supposed to look like I was in a Caribbean carnival, but I really did look like a peacock.
- One of my earliest memories is sitting next to Mr. Rogers on an airplane when I was four. I distinctly remember being amazed that Mr. Rogers ate food like a normal person.
- I met my husband in high school, and we also went to college together, but we didn’t start dating until much later.
- My husband proposed to me in the middle of his living room, and I didn’t realize what he was doing and basically told him to stop talking and get up off the floor in the middle of it. We will not win any “most romantic proposal” contest. Ever.
- I’m really anal about dental hygiene—I floss every day and even own dental tools!—but somehow I’ve been cursed with terrible teeth. I’ve had four root canals already and broke a tooth so badly I had to have it removed. It’s not fair!
- I’ve lived in 26 different places in my life.
- Because of this, I’m mildly obsessed with real estate apps. Okay, moderately obsessed. Okay, seriously obsessed. I have a problem.
- If I could have any other career, I’d love to go to culinary school and train to become a chef. I never used to cook until I met my husband (who’s awesome at it), but he’s sparked a love of cooking in me. Not to brag, but I have Brussels sprouts down to an art form.
Meredith McCardle is a recovered lawyer who lives in South Florida with her husband and two young daughters. Like her main character, she has a fondness for strong coffee, comfortable pants, and jumping to the wrong conclusions. Unlike her main character, she cannot travel through time. Sadly. Her debut, THE EIGHTH GUARDIAN, will be published by Skyscape/Amazon Children’s in Spring 2014.
To enter, fill out the rafflecopter below to win a SIGNED copy of Merediths Debut book- The Eighth Guardian!
Open to US only. Book Briefs contest policy applies. Void where prohibited
Have you entered these awesome giveaways?
Click on the banners to enter