Welcome to my stop on the The Hazards of Skinny Dipping
I am in the middle of reading The hazards of Skinny Dipping right now and I am loving the book, so be sure to look out for my review this weekend/early next week
I have Alyssa Rose Ivy here today and I am super excited because she is one of my favorite Young Adult and New Adult authors. (If you don’t believe me check out all the books I have read and loved of hers HERE) Check out her top 10 writing pet peeves and enter to win a copy of this awesome book!
, 248 pages
Published May 17th 2013 by CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform
Age Group: New Adult Contemporary Romance
Source: ecopy from Author
This isn’t a deep book about first loves or self-discovery. If you want a book like that, I’d be happy to recommend one, but I don’t have that kind of story to tell. Instead my story is about rash decisions and finding out that your dream guy is bad in bed. It’s the story of when I finally went skinny dipping, and how my life was never the same again. Oh, and it’s also the story of my freshman year of college and realizing Mr. Right might have been there all along.
Ten Writing Pet-Peeves of Alyssa Rose Ivy
1) Having to stop in the middle of a scene. I do most of my writing at night, but when I do write during the day, I can’t stand getting interrupted. It’s hard to stop the writing process without warning.
2) Falling in love with characters I’m not supposed to. As if loving my main book boy isn’t enough, I keep falling in love with the side characters. I end up developing such detailed back stories, that I have a long list of spin off books I’d love to write one day.
3) Too little Time. Would a 30 hour day be asking too much? It’s hard fitting enough writing time into my schedule every day, but I always find time (even if it means very little sleep).
4) Running out of coffee. You don’t want to see what I write when I haven’t had enough coffee. I make sure to keep the house well stocked.
5) Getting an amazing idea at a bad time. Amazing ideas are always great, but it’s hard when they come at an inopportune time, like during a social event or while driving. My phone note pad function has saved me a bunch.
6) Having to wait to share what I write. Sometimes I’m just bursting to share a story, and it’s hard to wait. It’s always exiting when it’s finally time to publish.
7) When you can’t write fast enough to keep up with ideas. Again, this is a good problem, but it’s still hard to push off ideas sometimes. I usually have at least three or four storylines building in my head.
8) Saying goodbye to characters. It’s never easy to say goodbye to characters you love. I’m experiencing that right now as I finish up the final book in a series.
9) Writing scenes you don’t want to. I don’t enjoy to causing my characters pain, but sometimes you have to. I usually arm myself with a glass of wine to tackle these scenes.
10) Taking a day off. I’m so bad at this. My brain doesn’t get it and still keeps writing.
Alyssa Rose Ivy is a New Adult and Young Adult author who loves to weave stories with romance and a southern setting. Although raised in the New York area, she fell in love with the South after moving to New Orleans for college. After years as a perpetual student, she turned back to her creative side and decided to write. She lives in North Carolina with her husband and two young children, and she can usually be found with a cup of coffee in her hand.
Fill out the rafflecopter below to enter the giveaway
Note: this is a tour wide giveaway and is not sponsored by Book Briefs
If you enjoyed this post, please Subscribe to Book Briefs in a reader
a Rafflecopter giveaway