Jillian had a plan: celebrate the end of her first year of college with an amazing summer full of beaches, barbeques, and bonfires. When her mom insists she needs a summer job, and her boyfriend spends more time with his band than with her, Jillian’s plans go down the drain.
Grant had a plan: finish his Masters, get a great job at Google, and get the hell out of Georgia. He might be giving up some of the fun of his youth, but he knows his all work and no play method would be worth it when his dreams came true.
But things never go according to plan.
When temptation brings them together and tragedy tears them apart, Jillian and Grant will be forced to choose: fight for their dreams, or fight for each other?
So you want to know more about Grant from my novel Inhale Exhale? Well, I don’t blame you. He’s certainly the kind of guy who makes my heart swoon, but then I’ve always been a sucker for a hot nerd.
When I was a teacher, I used to tell my students, “Be nice to nerds; they’ll be your boss one day.” And thanks to shows like The Big Bang Theory, Doctor Who, Fringe, Glee, Dexter, Sam from Supernatural, and even Glenn from Walking Dead—nerds are in. And hot. This isn’t the 80’s “Revenge of the Nerds” anymore. It’s cool to be smart, and (at least in my opinion) smart makes you hot.
When I set out to write Inhale Exhale, I knew I couldn’t write the typical book bad boy. That’s not the type of guy I’m attracted to. Instead, I tried to write the type of guy who makes my heart skip a beat. Hot, smart, protective, witty, and genuine—Grant is the total package!
So here are ten things that you don’t know about Grant:
1) Grant was in the top ten percent of his graduating high school class. This might not come to a huge shock, since he is so smart, but this little tidbit was one of the reasons he got selected to go to Carnegie Mellon University for his undergraduate work.
2) Grant made it to Level 55 on Call of Duty within two days of the game’s release—beating JT! They each took the day off and stayed up all night playing.
3) Grant’s favorite band is The Zac Brown Band—and his favorite song is Chicken Fried
4) Grant has visited France three times—twice in high school and once for Spring Break in college to visit his grandparents who live in Nice
5) Grant’s favorite book is The Hobbit. His mom read it to him as a child, and he’s loved it ever since!
6) Grant was a competitive swimmer as a child before becoming a rower. He’s always loved the water!
7) Grant’s favorite meal is baby-back ribs, homemade mac & cheese, cornbread, and fried pickles. He could eat this meal every day of the year.
8) Grant is sorta very loosely based on my best friend’s now-husband. He too is an IT guy, with an eyebrow ring, who rowed on a crew team, and who she met at a summer job her mom got her J
9) Grant wears Gucci’s Guilty Intense cologne – but used to wear Coolwater in high school
10) Grant’s secret candy addiction is to Junior Mints. He has secret stashes at work and buys them by the case!
Sarah Ross started her obsession with reading at an early age, getting in trouble for sneaking BabySitter Club and Nancy Drew books into math class in elementary school. She would read any fiction book she could get her hands on. Sarah knew it was an addiction when instead of grounding her from TV or music, her mom would take away her books as punishment (The Horror!). Her love of all things paranormal was inspired by her good friend Laurie, who convinced Sarah that books with vampires, witches, and all things shifter were amazing. After a little reluctance, she gave it a shot with the Sookie Stackhouse books, realized she was right, and the rest was history.
Sarah grew up in Pittsburgh, graduated from The University of Pittsburgh with a degree in English, and taught 8th graders to love reading as much as she does for several years. She will always be a proud member of the Steelers Nation, but couldn’t take the cold and moved her frozen tush to Florida where she now lives with her family and two cats. You will find Sarah now with her trusty Kindle in hand and toes in the sand!
Author Goodreads: http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/5447785.Sarah_M_Ross
If you enjoyed this post, please Subscribe to Book Briefs in a reader