I have the author of the YA paranormal, Ruby, Amanda Burke here for an interview. Thank you for joining us at Book Briefs today!
1. Describe Ruby in a tweet. (140 characters or less)
2. How did you know that you wanted to become a writer?
3. Who is our favorite character that you have written so far and why?
4. What do you do when you get writer’s block?
5. What is your biggest pet peeve? (writing or otherwise)
6. If you could go anywhere in the world right now, where would you go?
7. What three words would you use to desribe yourself?
Happy, imaginative and at times absent minded.
During the Salem witch hunts, an evil witch named Natasha Sullivan tricks a demon into confining himself inside an enchanted music box. She casts a spell that foretells that the demon will emerge in an unknown time in future after the birth of a child known as the Lumen Child. This child’s destiny is to bring light to the planet and Natasha knows that if he is killed then darkness will prevail. Natasha’s identical twin Sarah, discovers what her sister has done. Although she cannot break the spell she casts her own prophecy. It states that three witches known as the Triple Enchantresses will be born in the same time as the Lumen Child and they will be his supernatural protectors. The girls are not sisters, yet they will share a common destiny. Ruby is the story of the first witch and how she very nearly dies before discovering her true identity. Having grown up unaware of her powers, she is rescued by her loving grandmother who is also a white witch and taken back to the family estate where she learns everything she can about what her future holds. Ruby is the first in a four book series.
If you enjoyed this post, please Subscribe to Book Briefs in a reader