Published by CreateSpace on December 15th 2015
Genres: Romance, Fantasy & Magic, Reincarnation
Source: eARC from Author
At first, teenager Annabeth Prescott thinks she’s found quite a deal when she talks down the price of an ankh pendant she discovers at a flea market. She soon wonders if the bauble is more than she's bargained for when she faints and glimpses images from a past life in ancient Egypt.
The discovery coincides with another new find: Gabriel, a handsome young man who takes an interest in her. When she meets his twin brother C. J. at a Halloween party, she realizes they look exactly like two boys who figure prominently into her memories.
Does C. J. share the heroic qualities held by his past incarnation Sethe, her bodyguard when she was Princess Ana? Does Gabriel possess the same evil powers he wielded as Kha, the black sorcerer who sought her affection?
Love meets the supernatural in this gripping young adult paranormal romance. Readers with an interest in reincarnation, as well as ancient Egypt, will be drawn to its mystical mixture of history and hesitation as Annabeth sways between the two brothers.
Will her reincarnated soulmate win out? Or will Kha finally find the way to her heart?
Annabeth Neverending is a debut young adult novel by Leyla Kader Dahm. This book really hit all the right points with me. I love books that focus on different historical societies, and Egypt is one of my favorite. Instead of a traditional review, I am going to give you a list of reasons why I enjoyed this book. If you are like me, and these are selling points for you, check out Annabeth Neverending.
- Egypt setting– As I just said, I love all things Egypt. I loved how the author Leyla Kader Dahm integrated historically accurate facts into her story. I thought it added a layer of depth to a great young adult romance.
- Reincarnation– I don’t get to read too many young adult books that focus on the concept of reincarnation. (In fact, I think the last book I read about the subject was Michelle Madow’s Remembrance)The main character is the reincarnation of an Egyptian Princess and the two guys I am going to mention in my next reason, are the reincarnation of Annabeth’s bodyguard and the other is the evil ruler Kha. Oh the intrigue! (I really mean that- I ate it all up.)
- Hot twin brothers- C.J. and Gabriel are along for this adventure with Annabeth and I loved them. (even when I hated them, I loved to hate them.)
- A great adventure through ancient Egypt! The plot of Annabeth Neverending moved right along and the adventure the three charcters went on was a ton of fun and completely riveting to me.
- The cover– Yes, yes I know this should technically be a reason to read a book, but I do. I just love how pretty the cover is. I think it also does a great job depicting the story. I think the reincarnation image was beautifully done.
Bottom line: Annabeth Neverending is a really great book for fans of reincarnation romances and of Ancient Egypt and the time of Pharoahs. Author Leyla Kader Dahm does a great with her debut novel. It is a lot of fun to read.
To enter, fill out the rafflecopter below to win 5 paperback copies of the book.
Note: Book Briefs Contest Policy applies. All of the prizes, terms and conditions of the giveaway should be contained in the rafflecopter below. No Purchase necessary to enter. Void where prohibited by law.