If you are new to the series, check out an excerpt of the first book, Deadly to Love HERE
Deadly to Promise by Mia Hoddell
Age Group: Young Adult
Series: Elemental Killers #2
A broken promise is all it takes.
Becoming an E.K isn’t a choice for Serena – it’s a necessity to survive. To destroy the Elementals she has to leave her old life behind. She has to train and follow a strict regime. But with time against her, she has only a few weeks to master the skills Kai spent his whole life perfecting.
The knowledge passed down from her ancestors is crucial to the Elementals demise and the success of their mission. However, the path they must follow is lined with riddles, each more confusing than the next. It doesn’t matter how close to succeeding they get, it’s never enough. The Elementals are one step ahead at every revelation and that can only mean one thing – the E.Ks have a traitor among them.
Mia’s Top 5 Favorite Super Powers
1. To be able to control all five elements (fire, water, air, earth and spirit) as you could probably do nearly everything with them. For example you could fly, breath underwater, control emotions, control nature and fire.
2. Invisibility as I think it would be fun for a while and could also come in handy.
3. A telekinetic ability because I can be lazy and could move stuff with my mind rather than get up.
4. Time travel because I love history and would love to witness certain events.
5. Teleportation because I’m impatient and hate travelling. If I had that power I could go anywhere in the world instantly.
Mia Hoddell lives in the UK with her family and two cats. She spends most of her time writing or reading and loves anything paranormal. Mia always had a love of writing but never reading. She was more interested in sports and hated sitting still – despite getting three poems published before the age of sixteen. Finally though, she found some novels that captured her interest and developed a love of reading which is now one of her favourite hobbies.
Mia began with poems before moving on to short stories. Although she enjoyed this, Mia found she had too much to tell with too little space, so later on she created her first series ‘The Wanderer Trilogy’ and from there other ideas have emerged. With a total of nine books planned at this moment, she is busy working on her second series ‘Elemental Killers’ before moving onto the next idea on her ever growing list.