Here is a breakdown of the books that I read this year by rating. (I round up my goodreads ratings so the 4 stars are actually all the 4 star books as well as the 3.5 star books)
Stats from 2012:
- Learn more about blog design
- I have just started playing around with photoshop. I would love to be able to make a new blog design for myself but I am a long way off from that. So I am starting small by making some new buttons for my blog and doing some tweaks.
- Be more active on Twitter
- I love talking with people on twitter and getting to know people better but when I get busy one of the first things that get cut is twitter and online time in general. I want to be on twitter more in 2013
- Comment more
- pretty much the same reasoning as above. I try and return all comments that I get on the blog but I want to do more than just return comments. I want to be an active commenter on the blogs that I enjoy. I am a huge lurker as it is.
- Do less cover reveals/promos
- Blog tour companies have started branching out with the services they offer and that is great but I want some more original content on my blog for 2013. I’m going to stick to reviews, guest posts and interviews.
- Have more discussion posts
- read 175 books
- It was a good number for this year, and normally I would like to try and outdo myself but I am also trying to not stretch myself too thin in 2013. I had too much on my plate at points this year I am going to try and cut back a little. Stop and smell roses and all that.
- Accept less books for review
- I really need to get my TBR pile under control. I have HUNDREDS of books that I have not read yet, and the only way I will ever get to read them is if I cut back on the amount of books I take in for review
- Do less Blog Tours
- I love blog tours but you sign up for them months in advance and then before you know it my months are booked and I don’t have room or time to read books other than the blog tour books. So I am going to limit my blog tours and read some of my own books too.
Some of my normal goals for the year are to
- become more organized
- not procrastinate
- exercise more
If you enjoyed this post, please Subscribe to Book Briefs in a reader